CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Snow..

I guess it has been a "bad" winter here in Alabama.  Mya has had more snow days since we moved here than we ever did in Colorado!   To date we are at 3 days out of school, I can only remember a few late starts in Colorado in 4+ years.  Keep in mind the "major" snow storms here produce maybe 1 inch of snow, but it shuts the city down!  Even with the threat of a storm they will let the kids our early.  At first I didn't understand what was the problem, but then after a few news reports I get it.  This is a city with a lot of overpasses and bridges and as the snow melts and the water freezes it turns to black ice!  So needless to say the city shuts down and the grocery stores shelves empty of bread, milk and eggs.  I make sure to keep enought milk and eggs on hand so IF I do get stuck home I can just make my own bread!!

0 comments: